Sunday, August 13, 2023

AND GOD MADE DOG

Serving as Gracie's mom for almost eighteen years, I became quite good at it.  Being a dog mom, that is.  It's all about feeding them, making sure they have water, playing together, cleaning ears, and just  letting them know you are there for them.  

Never would I ever love a dog as much as I loved Gracie.  But this little gift-from-above has been challenging me on that never-would-I-ever mindset.  Maybe it's not so much that she is perfect, but more that she is perfect for me.  When she looks at me with those dancing, sparkling, loving eyes,  I find myself falling hard.  What's a dog mom to do?

My instructions prior to being sent to her were as follows:  She needs you.  Love with reckless abandon, and be a good girl.  It might take some time, but the love you give will return to you.  Be patient.

Genesis 1:25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.  And God saw that it was good.  


3 comments:

  1. Faith is my 12th dog and each one has managed to find their way into my heart. Dogs just have a way of finding our hearts. I miss Gracie so much that I teared up reading this post, but then looking at Bubbles I just had to smile. She is adorable and just what you need. And it is so very nice to hear from you. I can look at the wood heart you sent me a long time ago, from my bed as I'm writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Inger, it is so good to have you back and blogging. I have missed you - you have always been one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

No Rain, Please and Thank You

 A year and a half after bringing our bubbly bundle of joy home with us, I can report that her favorite pastime is TENNIS COURT PLAY.  Sadly...