Thursday, August 17, 2023

Being Neighborly

 My neighbor is great.  She is a hard-working, kind Chinese woman who speaks little English.  The other night our doorbell rings, and there she stands, sun bonnet shading her face, with a bowl of freshly picked tomatoes from her garden.

"Thank you so much!"

I had the most delicious summer sandwich!  Much appreciated.


In returning her bowl to her, she pulls me back into her thriving, amazing garden and fills my arms up with more veggies than I know what to do with.  "Here, take bowl. I no need. I have plenty."

Sweetest neighbor!  How about you?  Nice neighbors?




No comments:

Post a Comment

No Rain, Please and Thank You

 A year and a half after bringing our bubbly bundle of joy home with us, I can report that her favorite pastime is TENNIS COURT PLAY.  Sadly...