Wednesday, August 16, 2023

HEAT AND HEAT

Bubbles seems sad.  Maybe it's boredom.  Summer can be hot and uneventful when you're a fur ball in 'heat' who is suddenly thrown into no walks, no swimming, and *yawn* feeling tired and listless.  I'm not sure which heat she hates the most - the heat cycle that she is in, or the heat of the day.

I hope she comes to life when the weather cools, post surgery next month and going into October.  I've never owned a dog in heat before - so this is all new to me.  I think she's coming out of it though, slowly but surely.

Gracie tolerated summer but was not the biggest fan, especially in her senior years.  Fall always brought a spring to her step and she would become a puppy again as the air cooled and leaves turned and fell to the ground.  I'm hoping the same happens with Bubbles.



1 comment:

  1. Sad, but sweet and adorable ... and yes, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

No Rain, Please and Thank You

 A year and a half after bringing our bubbly bundle of joy home with us, I can report that her favorite pastime is TENNIS COURT PLAY.  Sadly...