Friday, August 11, 2023

*spoiler alert* The dog, that is.

Yesterday there was rain.  I don't know about you, but I enjoy a nice rain right smack dab in the middle of a long, hot summer.  When the rain slowed, Bubbles and I high-tailed it outside for our coveted morning prayer walk around the pool.  I will kick the ball around sometimes for her, if she shows interest, and she usually does a morning potty.  

Later in the day, GP and I left the poor dog home alone long enough to go to our favorite local farm just over the state line into West Virginia, where we got the best corn-on-the-cob you can get (one dozen ears) and some fresh tomatoes, zucchinis, and some peppers.  Summertime is the best time for good, healthy fresh fruits and vegetables!  

Before coming home we slipped over to Hummingbird Cafe for a mighty fine lunch/dinner.  Yum, yum!

Bubbles was alone for all of an hour-and-a-half to two hours.  

Mom and Dad left for days!  I cried the entire time.  I was hungry and alone.  They brought home a special surprise for me, though, so they are forgiven.  Roy Rogers roast beef, which, Mom says was Gracie's fave.  Wait.  I heard Gracie got Roy Rogers every day.  Is this true?  Then this means I should get it every day too.  Hey Mom....

 Every day after she turned seventeen.  When you turn seventeen, we'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

No Rain, Please and Thank You

 A year and a half after bringing our bubbly bundle of joy home with us, I can report that her favorite pastime is TENNIS COURT PLAY.  Sadly...