Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Humility

I have been especially intrigued for the past several years by the changes in all things.  Truly, there is something mysterious happening.  It began in the year 2020, and most will agree that is when the bottom fell out of the comfortable life we once lived.  As a prelude to that year, I had a dream that I later looked back on (yes, I keep a dream journal), and concluded that God was certainly giving me a sneak peek into future events.  

So here we are in 2024 and I'll be honest - I see the world as a messed-up place.  I won't make this political.  There are too many disrespectful fanatics quick to either judge others or post their opinions and thoughts despite who it may hurt.  I'm seeing it all around me.  Families that split up and never speak to one another again because of their desire to be 'right' or 'heard' or 'seen'...  God help us.  

There's little humility.  Almost zero tolerance if one believes differently than another.  It's a sad world we live in.  I think you know what I'm talking about.

With the above being said, I can report that speaking for myself, I am in a good place.  Of course, there's a lot I would change if I could.  About people, places, and things.  But so much is out of my control. It's not good to attempt to hijack a situation and force that situation to be your will.  God's will prevails in the end, and God's will is in our best interest.  

So, stay humble. Replace self-satisfaction with the satisfaction of being able to help another.  And if you fail at life - regroup - and this time do it right.  

God's way is always in our best interest.  

I'm sad for the ugliness of the world.  But, I am grateful for a God who has not given up on us.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY

 Last week, we celebrated two years with Bubbles.  Her Gotcha Day was September 19, 2022.  I can't believe she has been with us for that...